Established in 2007, Brussels Airlines has quickly become a prominent player in the European aviation industry, offering a wide range of destinations in Europe and Internationally. The airline is part of the Star Alliance network and owned by the Lufthansa Group.
Brussels Airlines offers a variety of inflight meals and services to suit all tastes. On short-haul flights meals are not complimentary, passengers can purchase from a selection of snacks and drinks from the inflight menu. On long-haul flights, meals are included in your ticket price and passengers are served a hot meal, a snack, and a dessert.
Brussels Airlines also offers a number of special meals, including a varierty of child meals.
ECONOMY CLASS/PREMIUM ECONOMY
Economy Class: All passengers receive complimentary meals and drinks on all long-haul services. Passengers receive a choice of two hot main courses, served with a dessert. They also receive complimentary hot and cold drinks throughout the flight, and a second meal or breakfast service before landing.
Premium Economy Class: Passengers receive a personal bottle of mineral water, an aperitif service after take-off, a choice of two hot main courses including a premium fresh starter, a dessert and cheese, complimentary hot and cold drinks throughout the flight, and a second meal or breakfast service before landing. They also have access to the onboard Belgian bar.
Economy Class: The airline offers a buy-on-board menu that has been created in collaboration with Foodmaker. It won a number of industry awards, the onboard menu is mostly locally sourced, primarily organic with a focus on freshness.
You can view the latest inflight menu from Brussels Airlines here.
Special meals that Brussels Airlines offer include the following:
- Vegetarian meals: Vegetarian meals are made without meat, poultry, or fish. They can be either lacto-ovo vegetarian (which includes dairy and eggs) or vegan (which excludes all animal products).
- Vegan meals: Vegan meals are made without any animal products, including dairy, eggs, meat, poultry, or fish.
- Kosher meals: Kosher meals are prepared according to Jewish dietary laws. They are supervised by a rabbi and are made without pork, shellfish, or any other non-kosher foods.
- Halal meals: Halal meals are prepared according to Islamic dietary laws. They are supervised by an imam and are made without pork, alcohol, or any other non-halal foods.
- Low-calorie meals: Low-calorie meals are designed to help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. They are low in calories but still contain all the nutrients you need.
- Low-fat meals: Low-fat meals are designed to help you lower your cholesterol or improve your heart health. They are low in fat but still contain all the nutrients you need.
- Low-sugar meals: Low-sugar meals are designed to help you control your blood sugar levels. They are low in sugar but still contain all the nutrients you need.
- Gluten-free meals: Gluten-free meals are made without gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. They are suitable for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- Dairy-free meals: Dairy-free meals are made without dairy products, such as milk, cheese, and yogurt. They are suitable for people with lactose intolerance or milk allergies.
- Egg-free meals: Egg-free meals are made without eggs. They are suitable for people with egg allergies.
- Peanut-free meals: Peanut-free meals are made without peanuts. They are suitable for people with peanut allergies.
- Tree nut-free meals: Tree nut-free meals are made without tree nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, and cashews. They are suitable for people with tree nut allergies.
All of these special meals can be requested in advance when booking your flight. You can also request a special meal here.
Please note that some special meals may not be available on all flights. If you have any dietary restrictions, it is important to let Brussels Airlines know when you book your flight.
The business class meal concept on Brussels Airlines has changed on European flights. Passengers can choose from an unlimited choice of all items from the onboard Foodmaker menu.
Champagne is available on request, and complimentary non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks are available. On flights before 10 am you will receive a breakfast tray.
The ‘Taste of Belgium’ program in business class provides customers with dishes that use local, regional produce. On long-haul flights expect to see various collaborations with Belgium based chefs.
You can view further information on the Belgian Star Chefs program here.