Shenzhen Airlines is a Chinese airline founded in 1992 and headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong. It is a member of the Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance. It operates a fleet of over 230 aircraft, to over 250 domestic and international destinations in Asia, Europe, North America, and Australia.
Shenzhen airlines meals are always included in the price of your ticket. The airline is a full-service airline offering meals and snacks depending on the time of departure.
Hot meals are served at main meal times, while at other times a snack and beverage service will be offered.
Here is a summary of the special meals that can be booked on flights:
- Vegetarian meals: There are two types of vegetarian meals available: strict western vegetarian meals (VGML) and oriental vegetarian meals (VOML). Strict western vegetarian meals do not contain any animal products or animal by-products, while oriental vegetarian meals do not contain any meat, fish or venison, milk product or any underground root vegetable.
- Child meals: These meals are specially prepared for child passengers and typically include items such as chicken nuggets, pasta, and applesauce.
- Baby meals: These meals are specially prepared for infants and typically include items such as Chinese steamed eggs, fruit juice, and minced chicken and vegetable porridge.
- Diabetic meals: These meals are suitable for passengers suffering from diabetes and do not contain any form of sugar.
- High fiber meals: These meals contain high-fiber foods, such as nuts, vegetables, fruit, cereal and high-fiber grain bread.
- Low-fat meals: These meals are suitable for passengers who need to lower their fat intake.
- Low-sodium meals: These meals do not add any salt.
- Low-protein meals: These meals contain extremely low protein.
- Hindu meals: These meals do not contain any beef or pork, but contain mutton, poultry, other meat, fish and dairy products.
- Muslim meals: These meals and dishes do neither contain any pork, bacon, ham, sausage, animal oil and fat or alcohol, nor contain any alepidote fish, eel, soft-shelled turtle. Moreover, it is required to follow the relevant rules of Islam when killing and cooking any fowl or animal.
To book a special meal, you must do so at least 24 hours before your flight departure. You can do this when you purchase your ticket or by contacting the airline directly.
Please note that the availability of special meals is subject to change and may not be available on all flights. It is also important to note that the on-board provision of special meals may be subject to the meal in kind. This means that the airline may not be able to provide the exact meal that you requested, but will instead provide a similar meal that is available on the flight.