SWISS was founded in 2002 as a merger of Swissair and Crossair, it’s the flag carrier of Switzerland and a subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group. It operates scheduled services in Europe, to North America, South America, Africa, and Asia. Zurich Airport serves as its sole hub and Geneva Airport as a focus city.
Swiss international airline meals are always included in your ticket price on long-haul flights, however, the airline operates a buy onboard menu program on all other flights.
Under the SWISS Saveurs concept, passengers can choose from a variety of pre-ordered meals, as well as a selection of à la carte items that are available for purchase on board.
The à la carte menu also offers a variety of options, including snacks, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. Passengers can also purchase alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
SWISS Saveurs is currently available on all European flights departing from Zurich and Geneva. You will still receive
- Complimentary bottled water
- A tablet of SWISS chocolate
Onboard payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Maestro, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. Explore the onboard menu here.
Expect two meal services on long haul routes in economy class; the first meal service will usually be the hot meal-offering, while the second meal service will be lighter. You’ll have the choice of two hot meals on long haul flights, one meat option and one Hiltl vegetarian option. Swiss will also serve popular Swiss cheeses like Gruyere, Appenzeller and Tête de Moine.
Hiltl is the oldest continuously open vegetarian restaurant in the world and first opened its doors in 1898 in Zurich. Since 2009 the restaurant chain has worked with Swiss to create vegetarian meals that are offered in all classes of travel on long haul flights ex Switzerland. 40% of SWISS Economy travellers now order the vegetarian meal option inflight.
Passengers should order their meal preference at least 24 hours before departure.
SWISS offers a variety of special meals to accommodate passengers with dietary restrictions or preferences. These meals are prepared according to strict guidelines and are carefully packaged to ensure freshness and safety.
- Gluten Intolerant Meal: This meal is made without cereals (wheat, rye, barley, oats) and starch.
- Lactose Intolerance: This meal is made without dairy products.
For Babies and Children
- Baby Meal (up to 2 years of age): This meal consists of an organic fruit puree. Pureed vegetables are also available on long-haul flights.
- Child Meal (up to 12 years of age): This meal consists of a popular and balanced child’s meal and a sweet surprise.
For Vegans and Vegetarians
- Vegetarian Hindu Meal: This meal is prepared in the Indian style and does not contain meat, fish, poultry, eggs, or gelatin.
- Vegetarian Jain Meal: This meal is prepared in accordance with the customs of Indian Jainism.
- Western Vegetarian Meal Lacto-Ovo: This meal is a Western-style meal that does not contain meat or fish, but does contain eggs and dairy products.
- Vegetarian Vegan Meal: This meal is a Western-style meal that does not contain meat, fish, eggs, or dairy products.
- Low Salt Meal: This meal is lightly salted and has a low sodium content.
- Low Fat Meal: This meal is low in fat and cholesterol.
- Kosher Meal: This meal is prepared, packed, and sealed according to strict kosher guidelines.
- Hindu Meal: This meal does not contain fish, shellfish, poultry, meat, or eggs.
- Halal Meal: This meal does not contain pork.
If you have to follow a special diet after surgery or illness, due to an allergy, or for any other medical reasons, SWISS will be happy to provide it for you. Please contact the SWISS Service Center at least 5 days before departure to request a special meal.
BUSINESS & FIRST
Passengers travelling in Swiss First class can dine on demand choosing from a wide range of options from the a la carte range.
You can read about the Swiss first-class meal experience here.
An exclusive onboard menu features heavily on flights from Hong Kong, Bangkok and Shanghai to Zurich. Passengers in first and business class will dine on a unique cuisine designed by the Peninsula Hotels Group the SWISS Business experience includes the possibility of ordering à la carte.