ITA Airways is the new national airline of Italy, launched in October 2021. It was created after the government of Italy took over Alitalia, the airline flies to over 50 destinations in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
On European flights ITA Airways still provides complimentary snacks and drinks, subject to your flight time. On long-haul flights departing Italy passengers will be given a choice of pasta or a meat dish with the second meal service being a smaller snack or breakfast option. On flights over 11 hours in duration, the airline will provide three inflight services for passengers.
Special meals on ITA Airways can be pre-ordered on all Intercontinental flights in all cabin classes, and all International flights over 3 hours in economy class.
Baby Meal: Homogenized baby foods including low-fat meat, vegetables, fruit and dessert.
Child meal: Complete meals, may include hamburgers, pre-packaged sweets and sandwiches.
Asian vegetarian meals: These meals are prepared with Asian spices and aromas, and they do not contain any beef or veal.
- Kosher meals: These meals are prepared in compliance with Jewish dietary laws, and they do not contain any pork, shellfish, or scaleless fish.
- Muslim meals: These meals are prepared without pork, game meat, or alcohol. All of the proteins in these meals are guaranteed by a Halal certificate.
- Hindu meals: These meals are prepared in the Indian style, and they do not contain any pork, beef, or veal. They may include fish, milk, and/or milk derivatives.
- Diabetic meals: These meals are high in complex carbohydrates and fiber, and they are low in fat.
- Gluten-free meals: These meals are prepared without wheat, rye, barley, oats, or flour.
- Low cholesterol meals: These meals are rich in fiber and complex carbohydrates, and they are low in fat. They may contain polyunsaturated fats.
- Low salt meals: These meals are prepared without salt, and they are ideal for those who suffer from heart, circulatory, or renal conditions.
- Lactose-free meals: These meals do not contain lactose or milk in their organic composition or preparation.
- Strict vegetarian (vegan) meals: These meals are prepared only with vegetables, and they do not contain any meat, fish, milk products, or eggs.
- Vegetarian meals with dairy products and egg: These meals are prepared with vegetables, eggs, and/or dairy products.
Contac the airline here to order your special meal.
Alitalia meals in Business Class have been awarded the ‘Best Airline Cuisine’ by Global Traveler Magazine from 2010 to 2013. Alitalia and the Italian Sommelier Association select some of the best Italian wines to serve inflight. Gambero Rosso has created current menus in Alitalia business class with regional menus offering a traditional menu, healthy menu and light alternatives.
Lavazza coffee is served on Alitalia flights featuring the Tierra! brand which is 100% sustainable, as well as Gran Riserva flavour and Gran Crema. Business-class wine lists can be viewed here.
Long haul flights include a pre-departure drink service and a four-course dining experience inflight.