Royal Brunei Airlines is the flag carrier airline of Brunei. It was founded in 1974 and is headquartered in Bandar Seri Begawan. The airline flies to over 30 destinations in Asia, Australia, Europe, and the Middle East. All meals served on Royal Brunei are Halal and alcoholic beverages are not served onboard.
Royal Brunei meals are included in the price of your airline ticket, the airline always serves an inflight meal on all flights, except on Brunei to Kota Kinabalu due to the flight time. Passengers will have a choice of up to 3 inflight meal choices in economy class (depending on flight length) plus an appetiser and dessert.
Read the latest inflight experience review here.
Should be ordered no later than 24 hours before departure and there is no need to order a Halal meal as all meals on Royal Brunei are Halal certified.
- Bland Meals are suitable for guests suffering from stomach or intestinal problems. Ingredients that potentially stimulate gastric discomfort are omitted, e.g. black pepper, chilli powder, excessive cooking oil.
- Diabetic Meals are low-sugar, low-fat and low-salt meals suitable for diabetic patients.
- Fruit Platter contains fresh fruits with no additives and/or preservatives.
- Gluten-Free Meals are suitable for guests who are allergic or intolerant to gluten. They contain no wheat, wheat flour, rye, barley, oats and bran in any form (including food items which may contain such ingredients).
- Low Calorie Meals are suitable for guests on a low-calorie diet. They do not contain fried or fatty foods, full cream dairy products, fatty meats, syrups, sauces such as mayonnaise and creamy salad dressing.
- Low Fat, Low Cholesterol Meals exclude the use of animal fats or fatty foods. Food naturally high in cholesterol (e.g. poultry skin of all types) and fried foods of all types are omitted. Only fat-free or low-fat dairy products (e.g. skimmed/low-fat milk or cottage cheese), lean meat and polyunsaturated liquid vegetable oils are permitted.
- Low Salt Meals contain either no salt or a very small amount of salt. Processed foods (e.g. baking powder, soda and MSG) are also either eliminated or restricted in amount.
- Low Lactose Meals are suitable for guests with lactose intolerance. Dairy products such as milk, dry milk solids, cream, butter, margarine and cheese are omitted.
- Vegetarian Meals are available in a variety of options, including Asian Vegetarian Meal, Western Vegetarian (Lacto Ovo Meal), Western Vegan Meal, Oriental Vegetarian Meal, Vegetarian Jain Meal and Raw Fruit Vegetable Meal.
- Baby, Infant and Child Meals are available in two options, Baby Meal and Child Meal (CHML).
- Religious Meals include Non-Vegetarian Hindu Meal.
- Other Meals include Seafood Meal.
To request your special meal contact the airline here.